Award Receipt & Negotiation
OSP is the authorized representative for the University for sponsored project awards. PIs are not authorized to negotiate or sign awards.
Any correspondence about an incoming award, especially if it is an email with attachments, should be forwarded to the OSP right away.
The appropriate OSP research administrator will review the award notice to determine if any additional action or information is required before the sponsored project (‘53’) account can be set up. The following will hold up the account setup process:
- Animal or Human subjects, select agent/biosafety/rDNA protocol process not complete
- COI disclosure process not complete
- Split of F&A between departments has not been provided
- Cost-share account information has not been provided
- Approval for waived F&A has not been completed
- Award terms that cannot be accepted by the University