CSU Foundation Relations personnel not only help philanthropic organizations invest in CSU through gifts and sponsorships, but we also advise and assist CSU PIs throughout the foundation grant-seeking process in a way that complements the roles of the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) and college research administration support. We help faculty and staff across the university find non-federal opportunities and improve proposal competitiveness to private foundations by:
- Providing a curated list of funding opportunities monthly;
- Working with grant-seekers to align proposal ideas with a foundation’s strategy, needs, funding preferences, and review criteria;
- Partnering with the Research Acceleration Office (RAO) for foundation opportunities that are “Limited Submission” and need to be routed in InfoReady for institutional applicant selection;
- Providing feedback to make sure proposals are understandable and compelling to multiple audiences (from expert program officers to lay board members); and
- Assisting with the finalization of proposals and review in KR PD to ensure they are free of preventable errors that would make them ineligible for consideration.
Foundation Relations offers these services in parallel with the standard CSU institutional proposal review and submission process. If you are planning to seek funding from a private foundation, please reach out. There is no fee associated with engaging Foundation Relations.
Blog By Sam Ernst Director, Foundation Relations
P: (970) 491-3491 C: (970) 690-8720
With You, We Will. Visit giving.colostate.edu