Reporting a Biosafety Concern

Biosafety Incident

If you have been involved in a biosafety incident (spill, accident, potential exposure):

Emergency Situation

Dial 911 if you are concerned for the immediate safety of yourself or others.

Biosafety Concern

If you suspect the misuse or unsafe use of biohazardous materials or noncompliance with an approved protocol, University policies, or local, state or federal regulations, please contact the University Biosafety Officer or IBC Chair immediately. The contact can be made by telephone, fax, in person or in writing to individuals listed below who must convey the information to the named individual for investigation. Individuals making the report do not have to identify themselves, unless they wish to do so. Colorado State University protects the rights of whistleblowers.

Rebecca Moritz

University Biosafety Officer

Office: (970) 491-8268

Christine M. Johnson

Senior IBC Coordinator

Office: (970) 491-8690

You may also email with concerns. 

Biosafety concerns can be reported anonymously through the CSU Compliance Reporting Hotline