NSF CAREER Support Program 2022
The NSF Faculty Early-Career Development (CAREER) grants are NSF’s most prestigious awards, designed to help junior faculty members develop activities that integrate research education within the context of CSU. This year’s submission deadline is July 25, 2022.
The OVPR and CSU Writes co-host programming each Spring semester to help support development of successful CAREER proposals:
Contact BreeAnn Brandhagen for more information on this and other early career investigator opportunities.
Proposers must meet all of the following eligibility requirements at the time of submission:
- Hold a doctoral degree in a field supported by NSF
- Be engaged in research in an area of science, engineering, or education supported by NSF
- Hold at least a 50% tenure-track (or tenure-track-equivalent) position as an assistant professor (or equivalent title)
- Be untenured
- Have not previously received a CAREER award. (Prior or concurrent Federal support for other types of awards for
non-duplicative research does not preclude eligibility.)
Tenure-Track Equivalency – For a position to be considered a tenure-track-equivalent position, it must meet all of the following requirements:
- The employee has a continuing appointment that is expected to last the five years of a CAREER grant
- The appointment has substantial research and educational responsibilities
- The proposed project relates to the
employee’s career goals and job responsibilities as well as to the mission of the department or organization. As stated in the
Proposal Preparation Instructions, for non-tenure-track faculty, the Departmental Letter must affirm that the investigator’s
appointment is at an early-career level equivalent to pre-tenure status, and the Departmental Letter must clearly and
convincingly demonstrate how the faculty member’s appointment satisfies all the above requirements of tenure-track
Faculty members who are Associate Professors or in equivalent appointments, with or without tenure, are not eligible for the CAREER program. Faculty members who hold Adjunct Faculty or equivalent appointments are not eligible for the CAREER program.
2021 Faculty Guidance * for 2021 application- will be updated January 2022
GRANT Writes – workshops and writing group resources