CSU Drone Policy
Colorado State University maintains a policy on UAV/drone use on CSU property. This policy requires UAV/drone operators to have and do the following.
- A certified FAA Part 107 sUAS Pilot
- Liability insurance on the sUAS for at least 1,000,000, with CSU listed as an insured party
- FAA registered sUAS
- Complete the CSU Drone Approval Request form, prior to any operation
- Receive permission from CSU Risk Management and Insurance, Colorado State University Police Department, and Colorado State University Facilities Maintenance Scheduling Office.
- The operation of the UAV/drone must be related to CSU sponsored academic, research, or business. Recreational or hobbyist use of UAV/drone or model aircraft is not permitted.