The School of Advanced Materials Discovery believes in reviewing your application holistically. Each piece of your application informs our admissions committee about what you can bring to the program and how our program can accentuate your skills and potential. At this time, we do not have a minimum requirement for GRE scores or GPA. They are both important, but your application is not dependent on one or the other only. We recommend you request letters of recommendation from individuals that know you well. Write a personal statement that tells us what may not be visible in your application. For tips on writing your personal statement, click here.
A Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) Bachelors of Science is not required for admission to our MSE Graduate Program. If you are an applicant without a MSE Bachelor’s degree, below are courses/subjects our admissions committee recommends you demonstrate knowledge of:
- Intro to Materials SciencePhysics I and II (Laws of Thermodynamics)
- Chemistry I and II
- Calculus I, II, and III (Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations)
- matlab or other coding program
Once admitted, the admissions committee may recommend/require additional courses to ensure all students are successful in our MSE program. Additional courses may be recommended and/or required of the student’s thesis/dissertation committee as well.
Please note: The CSU Graduate School requires a minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) and minimum 80 TOEFL score (IELTS minimum is 6.5). Like other departments on campus, we can accept students below a 3.0 GPA, but the student would be placed on an academic agreement for their first semester. If the student does not meet a 3.0 GPA their first semester, dismissal is likely to occur.
Submit Application Materials:
After submitting your online application and paying your application fee, begin submitting your supporting materials to complete your application.
- Upload a variety of supporting documents directly to your application.
- To submit official transcripts, contact your previous institutions to request they submit official transcripts to Colorado State University (use institution code 4075).
- To submit test scores, contact the testing agency to request that scores be sent to Colorado State University (use institution code 4075).
- For any documents that cannot be uploaded, submit paper copies directly to the Office of Admissions at:
Colorado State University – Office of Admissions
1062 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1062
Check Your Application Status
View the status of your application at any time to ensure your application checklist is complete or check on updates. This new online application status is only available to applicants for Fall 2016 and beyond.