Submit a Protocol
Protocols are reviewed by the IRB via 3 review processes: 1. Exempt, 2. Expedite or 3. Full-board. What type of review is appropriate for your research?
Check out the Exempt and Expedite/Full-Board sections of our website for complete details on the three review methods.
If you have questions about which review criteria fits your study, please feel free to contact an IRB Coordinator.
Types of Reviews
- Can be Submitted at any time
- Exempt determination made by voting member of the IRB
- 1 IRB Administrator and/or Voting Member of IRB
- 2-4 week review (target time)
- Can be submitted any time
- Expedite determination made by IRB
- Minimum 2 voting members of the IRB
- 3-5 week review (target time)
- Due by 5:00 p.m. on the 1st Thursday of each month.
- 4-5 week turn-around; Comments to PI within 7-10 working days after full board committee meeting
eProtocol Tips & FAQs
|eProtocol Homepage at a Glance||Homepage at a Glance|
|Personnel Screen||Managing Personnel|
|Basics of Creating a Protocol||Creating a Protocol|
|How to Respond to the IRB’s Comments||Respond to IRB|
|How to Create & Submit an Amendment||Amendment|
|How to Create & Submit a Continuing Review||Renewal|
|How to Create & Submit a Final Report||Final Report|
|Why don’t I see the option for the form I would like to submit?||What Forms Are Available|
|Where is my approval letter?||Approval Letter|