CRB Forms and Submission Information
All submissions involving animals must first be submitted to the IACUC for determination of the appropriate review process. This is currently done via the Veterinary Clinical Studies (VCS) Wizard or an IACUC Protocol currently done through eProtocol. Once the IACUC has reviewed and approved the submission, then the CRB Review will begin.
If a study using client-owned animals is determined to NOT require an IACUC Protocol, then the following documents need to be submitted to the CRB to initiate review:
- VCS memo email from RICRO IACUC Staff (includes VCS Wizard PDF as well as VCS memo)
- VCS Submission Form
- Client Consent Form or Client Consent Form for Teaching Protocols
Additional documents should be included (original study protocol, client information sheet, study timeline, etc.) if available/applicable. Documents can be sent to the CRB e-mail. A document containing Guidelines for the Client Consent Form is provided.
CRB Review of Client Consent Form attached to an IACUC Protocol
- If a study using client-owned animals requires an IACUC Protocol, then the consent form and IACUC submission should be sent to the CRB email for review. Final approval of the study will not be processed until the consent form is approved.
- Please note: a study using client-owned animals may not be initiated until final approval by the appropriate oversight committee is granted, e.g. IACUC or CRB.
VCS Annual Updates:
- For studies using client-owned animals requiring an IACUC Protocols, annual renewals are submitted by the PI in the applicable online protocol system, e.g. eProtocol, Kuali Protocols IACUC.
- For studies using client-owned animals that do NOT require an IACUC Protocol, annual renewals/updates are submitted by the PI via the link below. These annual renewals/updates are required throughout the life of the study, and at study completion.
VCS Adverse Events:
Unexpected adverse events need to be reported promptly (within 48 hours) to the CRB.
VCS Protocol Amendments:
If there are any changes to the studies using client-owned animals and an IACUC Protocol was NOT required, then those changes must be submitted via the VCS Wizard to ensure that the IACUC status is still accurate. Amendments must be approved prior to initiation of the proposed changes.
Any questions can be directed to the CRB Chair or Coordinator.