Cat Bens is the Quality Assurance Manager within the Research Integrity & Compliance Review Office (RICRO) at Colorado State University. In this position she provides quality assurance and regulatory affairs oversight and support for a wide variety of research conducted at the University, including GLP, GCP and GMP non-clinical, clinical studies and manufacturing activities. Through the Quality Program she assists researchers in meeting research quality requirements through
- Designing and developing quality management systems, including SOP development, equipment and personnel record management, data governance systems, etc. that meet researcher and individual laboratory requirements as appropriate;
- Providing quality system training and inspection readiness preparation to meet quality regulations, contractual requirements, and institutional policies and procedures;
- Providing quality assurance inspection and auditing services to University programs needing independent reporting; and
- Partnering with research and education programs (including guest lecturing on quality and regulatory topics) and faculty to develop a culture and understanding of quality and integrity in science; and
- Assisting in hosting federal inspector and sponsor quality and vendor qualification inspection.
Before serving as the CSU Quality Manager, Ms. Bens worked for many years with private, university and government organizations as Quality Systems Manager, designing and implementing GXP programs and leading compliance training. Ms. Bens has a BA in Zoology, MS in Biology/Wildlife Toxicology, and post graduate education in Business/Biology/Environmental Toxicology.
B.A. in Zoology, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
M.S. in Biology/Wildlife Toxicology, Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA