ARC MMA Magnetic Resonance Instrumentation includes a variety of NMR systems from 400 to 500 MHz equipped with pulse field gradients, VT, and a variety of probes. The laboratory is also equipped with an EPR spectrometer.
The Facility offers a wide range of NMR experiments from 400 MHz to 500 MHz. The 500 MHz Varian INOVA system is capable of many indirect and direct detect experiments such as Dept, DOSY, HSQC, NOSY,ROSY,COSY, TOCSY, 1D NOSY, Proton, Carbon , Fluorine , and many other Nuclei.
There are four 400 MHz NMR systems with a varied range of capabilities. Three of the 400 MHz NMR systems are setup as walkup systems with the standard liquid experiments available with sample automation. These walkup systems are setup for ease of use for any user to be able to collect world class NMR data with a few clicks of a button.
Another of the 400 MHz systems is equipped with a prodigy cold probe. The Broadband (BBO) prodigy cold probe allows for time-consuming heteronuclear 1D and 2D experiments to be performed up to ten times faster than a broadband RT probe. Also, proton and fluorine detected experiments will benefit from a doubling in signal to noise. With this increase in signal to noise, compounds with limited solubility can be analyzed in a faster time frame.
We have a Bruker X-band ELEXSYS ESR-500 continuous wave Electron Paramagnetic Resonance (CW-EPR) spectrometer that can be used to detect unpaired electrons in organic and inorganic species, transition metal complexes, and biomolecules. It is a non-destructive method that can measure a variety of samples like liquid or frozen solutions, powders, crystals, mixtures, gels, and many more. The sample can be measured at room temperature or low temperature using liquid helium.
- Agilent (Varian) 400MR: Equipped with Automated Tuning and a 7600 Sample Changer.
- Bruker US400: Equipped with BBFO SMART ProbeTM and SampleCaseTM. This instrument is located in CRB-109.
- Bruker NEO400: Equipped with a ProdigyTM BBFO Probe and SampleCaseTM.
- Bruker Ascend 400: Equipped with BBFO smart probe, sample case, and extended range VT. This instrument is located in CRB-109.
- Agilent Inova 500: With three channels, 3-axis gradients and many other accessories including HCN, broadband probes and a NANO (hrmas) probe.
- Bruker ELEXSYS ESR-500 X-band CW EPR spectrometer: Dual-band and high sensitivity probe options are available along with Bruker Cold Edge and cryostat for VT down to 4 K.
For Training on self-service instruments:
- Request to join the ARC User Team by clicking here
- Please read our ARC user guidelines and take the necessary quizzes.
- Then follow the training and user instructions on the NMR Training.
Training has a minimum charge of one hour of instrument and staff time.
Rates can be found here
Please use the iLab Portal to request a formal quote for equipment use or services.
Acknowledgment of facility contributions is expected in publications that include any data generated in the facility. Please cite us by our Research Resource ID (RRID:SCR_021758).
An example of an appropriate acknowledgment is:
“The authors wish to thank the Analytical Resources Core (RRID: SCR_021758) at Colorado State University for instrument access, training, and assistance with sample analysis”