Announcing the Aerobiome Discovery Network
The Aerobiome Discovery Network is a recipient of the 2019-2020 SoGES Global Challenges Research Team Award. Our goal is to converge previously unlinked expertise in atmospheric science, infectious diseases/pathogens of plants, animals, people, and ecology, epidemiology, and microbiome/genomic sciences at CSU to explore the fascinating field of aerobiology. A series of seminars, panels and workshops will be planned during 2019-2020 to identify the most relevant questions about this underexplored phenomenon that can be answered by the unique expertise at CSU, and will catalyze the formation of CSU expert teams who will seek external funding for these new proposed research directions.
- Angela Bosco-Lauth, Department of Biomedical Sciences
- Amy Charkowski, Department of Bioagricultural Sciences and Pest Management
- Paul DeMott, Department of Atmospheric Science
- Tom Hill, Department of Atmospheric Science
- Steve Reynolds, Department of Environmental and Radiological Health Sciences