Laboratory Liaison Program
The Laboratory Liaison program (LL) is designed to bring together researchers and their staff with research administrators for an exchange of information and ideas. We meet quarterly for 1-2 hours for an informal discussion and informational presentations
Who are the Laboratory Liaisons?
- All members of CSU’s research program are welcome to attend meetings
- An LL is the “go-to” person who develops and shares knowledge about the administrative and regulatory aspect of animal use. They have relationships with representatives of the OVPR administration that facilitate smooth interactions and regulatory compliance.
- For example – hands-on PI’s, lab managers, senior research associates
Who are the administrators?
- Representatives from Laboratory Animal Resources and Research Integrity and Compliance Review Office
What are the goals of the LL program?
- Improve communication and build relationships
- Increase knowledge
- Enhance ethical animal research through dialog
LL meeting presentations:
- LAR provided training:
- Normal workshops are open but registration is limited to half the normal class size. Register at http://www.ehs.colostate.edu/WTrainReg/ClassSignUp.aspx
- Masks are required.
- BRT will be every 2 weeks as needed to meet demand.
- Necropsy/Anesthesia class every 3-4 months or more often if needed.
- Individual training can be scheduled upon request, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- FYI: Mindful Mondays with Lauren Ziegler through CSU’s Center for Mindfulness., started up again this week; https://mindfulness.colostate.edu/
- KP updates and issues:
- KP Emails are sent out to all protocol personnel—the only other option is for just the PI to get the emails which is not ideal since the PI usually needs their staff to assist with protocol submissions.
- FYI “resubmitted” KP emails may appear periodically for your protocols when RICRO IACUC staff make administrative updates to your submissions.
- KP does not allow for cloning of your protocols; any “cloning” that you have seen is done manually by RICRO IACUC staff or you.
d. Help documents on KP help website: https://www.research.colostate.edu/ricro/iacuc/kuali-protocols/
- Development underway by Kuali for KP improvements. Will send updates on these via the Animal Users email listserv. If you are not getting those emails, sign up at: https://lists.colostate.edu/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/animal_users
- Questions? Email ricro_iacuc@Mail.Colostate.edu, or if you want a brief KP training for your lab, contact Zac Callahan
- IACUC monthly meetings are occurring online via Teams due to the pandemic. They are still scheduled on the 4th Tuesday of the month, with FCR protocol submission deadlines on the 2nd Tuesdays of the month. Next meeting is scheduled for August 25th, deadlines for FCR protocol submission is August 11th.
Several updates from LAR (eAnimal Ordering, euthanasia requests, cage card requests, record retention)