In order to operate a UAV/drone at CSU you will need to complete the CSU Drone Approval Request form:
To complete the form you will need the following information:
- Name of requesting party
- CSU Department and contact name, email, and telephone number
- Who owns the UAS/UAV, if not CSU?
- Description of UAS/UAV Activities including takeoff procedures, UAS/UAV recovery, description of ground control system, and system fail safe.
- Dates of operation. Include number of hours operated, and time of operations.
- Location of operation and storage, description of storage facility. Also describe method of transportation for the unit.
- UAS/UAV registration #
- UAS/UAV and associated systems information – serial #, year, manufacture, model and value
- Pilot information – name, FAA Licensees and ratings, CSU employment status, describe all relevant UAS/UAV training
- General Information to include: airframe weight, max takeoff weight, range/ endurance, operating altitude, power supply.
- Describe operational safety program or procedures
- Account number (Departments are responsible for UAS/UAV liability insurance premiums. They may at their option purchase physical damage coverage for UAS/UAV and associated systems – recommended for high value equipment. If no insurance is purchased for physical damage, Departments are responsible for loss or damage to UAS/UAV and associated systems.)