The Office of the Vice President for Research Communication and Event Team serves the University by conveying the value of research conducted at Colorado State University to the people of Colorado and the world. The office publishes the CSU Research magazine, manages research websites and provides communication and event services to the Vice President for Research and our 18 divisions.
- Writing – Our team produces full-length feature articles, brief news updates, fact sheets, press releases, and reports.
- Videography – We have in-house capability to produce short videos suitable for web, longer videos for presentations, and shorter trailer-length videos for social media.
- Photography – Our photographer can capture everything from action-oriented images of people doing amazing things to static images of buildings and resources. They can also fulfill administrative needs such as staff headshots.
- Graphic Design – We have the capacity to produce a wide variety of graphics – from infographics that distill complicated information, to flyers, and graphs.
- Social Media – We manage the CSU Research presence across three platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. We also train staff and faculty on best practices to use social media as a distribution platform for research and science.
- Amplification – We work closely with the CSU Public Relations team on stories that would excite a national audience. We also work with CSU Advancement and campus communicators to produce stories of interest to specific audiences.
- Web Management – Our team has an in-house webmaster who oversees all websites within the research.colostate.edu domain. Our team’s proficiency with these sites makes us an excellent resource for website management. Contact our webmaster at email@example.com.
- Communication Support for Research Administrative Units – As the embedded communications office for the Office of the Vice President for Research, our team produces content and materials for the 18 administrative services within the organization. This includes website updates, flyers, brochures, videos, photos, and more. Our team can also serve in an advisory role to the other units for communication plans, strategies, and messaging.
- Event Support for Research Administrative Units – As the embedded events support for the OVPR, our team supports the coordination of conferences, seminars, exhibitions, workshops and visitors to campus for the 18 administrative services within the organization.